This recipe originally appeared as part of Jared’s Story. I’ve been told that this cookie is the best peanut butter cookie people have ever tasted and it’s so simple!
Taken from Southern Living
Total Time: 20 minutes / Yield – about 20 cookies
Special equipment – hand mixer with beater attachment
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation and cooking
1) Turn the oven on to 325 degrees. Make sure the rack is in the center of the oven.
2) Combine the peanut butter, sugar and egg in a large mixing bowl.
3) Using a hand mixer on the lowest setting, make the peanut butter dough. This should take about 30 seconds.
4) Add the vanilla extract, mix into the dough with the hand mixer (10-20 seconds)
5) Scoop up a heaping tablespoon full of peanut butter dough. Then using your hands, roll the dough into balls.
5) Place the dough balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
6) Next, take a fork and press down on the peanut butter dough ball.
7) Gently lift the fork off the dough with your fingers and make another pressing of the dough with the fork to make a tic tac toe pattern. Again, gently lift the fork with your fingers.
8) Place the cookie sheet in the oven for 15 minutes.