Once upon a time there was a boy named Zach who tugged on my shirt and said, “I’m hungry Ana.” So I made him a peanut butter sandwich. After many peanut butter sandwiches, he said, “Ana, I want to learn how to make my own peanut butter sandwiches. Can you teach me?” And so I did.
Kinds of Peanut Butter
There are two kinds of peanut butter – chunky and creamy. The chunky kind is the kind where you can see the nuts. Here is a picture of both.
Total Time: 10 minutes
1) 1 jar of peanut butter that you like
2) 2 slices of bread
Making the Sandwich
1) Open the jar of peanut butter
2) Take a spoon – big or little.
3) Hold the spoon, and put it in the jar and put some peanut butter on the back side of the spoon.
4) Spread the peanut butter over both sides of the bread.
5) Put the two slices of bread together.
Now you’ve made a peanut butter sandwich! Of course, you can put other things on your peanut butter sandwich. A lot of people put jelly on one side of their peanut butter sandwich to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Some people put bananas on their peanut butter sandwich.
Some people even put honey on their peanut butter sandwich.
And sometimes I think it’s fun to use a cookie cutter and make peanut butter sandwiches in different shapes.
Whatever you do, I hope you have fun making peanut butter sandwiches!