This recipe originally appeared in one of the Jared’s Story episodes. I’ve moved it to it’s own separate post. Switchel is a colonial version of an energy drink.
Makes 2 servings
Total Time: 5 minutes + at least 2 hours chilling time
1) 2 cups of filtered water
2) 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3) 2 tablespoons maple syrup
4) 2 tablespoons ground ginger
5) lemon slices (optional)
Preparation and Cooking
1) Combine all ingredients, mix well.
2) Allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight
3) Add lemon slices (optional)